Friday 18 March 2016

The question everyone asks when you're young and naive.

'What do you want to be when you're older?'

And, sure when we're young, we all have some crazy idea about what we want to be when we're older - a ballerina, a fireman, a police officer - those unrealistic realities; but when it actually comes to the age and time when we need to make those huge life decisions are we really sure we know which path we want to take?


I for sure thought I had my whole life sorted out, I knew where I wanted to live, who I wanted to spend my time with and what I wanted to do; but when my 18th birthday came around, everything went downhill from there. I realised that even though I thought I knew who I was and where my place in this world stood, to be honest...I had no idea. I worried for months and months, stressing over how my scores in high school would actually value my future and take me to where I needed to go. Was aiming for a 95% on my algebra tests really going to benefit my future if I'll never use algebra again or is all the things we learn in school misleading to the reality of life? The things you never learn in school are the actual resources you need to survive as a grown adult. They never taught us how to pay bills, or save money, how to be a responsible parent or how to cook the perfect roast dinner but i guess, with everything in life comes a learning experience and you have the opportunity to learn from mistakes and value all the finer things in life.

I still don't know my true purpose in life, and I'm still trying to figure out who I am... and that's okay; because I have my whole life to find out why I'm truly here on this earth at this point in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment